Drive change and enhance the overall reporting function in a high-performing reporting team.
Our Financial Management Group’s strategy is to strengthen foundations and enable growth. It is through our culture of being curious, generous and bold that we are able to partner with our customers to deliver quality solutions for complex demands and adapt to market, business and regulatory-driven change.
You’ll join our Balance Sheet & Statistical Reporting team in Sydney as a Manager and report directly into the Associate Director, Change on a 12-month Maximum Term contract.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to develop breadth and depth of expertise and contribute to a number of Group-wide initiatives. You will have regular engagement and consultation with the data team, business units, and risk management team as the representative for Balance Sheet and Statistical Reporting, and have the opportunity to review, challenge and enhance the overall process.
You will also be asked to think strategically in order to identify opportunities for automation, identify process improvement opportunities and realise and create efficiencies on a regular basis.
You will be part of a purpose driven team dedicated to strengthening our foundations and enabling growth in this versatile work environment. You are a goal oriented, hardworking, people-focused individual with banking, audit, control improvement, project and systems experience. It is also desirable that you have working knowledge of regulatory risk concepts and standards, and familiarity with financial services businesses.
Your technical skills and qualifications will include:
- degree qualified with a CA qualification or equivalent
- 5+ years’ post qualified experience in a similar role
- experience working in a financial services or banking firm, with previous exposure to regulatory reporting
- experience with system changes including the process of impact assessments, remediation, testing, within a regulatory reporting control framework
- excellent verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences
- analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- excellent stakeholder management skills including demonstrated ability to engage and influence
- adaptability to change, ability to progress tasks independently, motivated to deliver to a high quality, and demonstration of resilience to setbacks
- strong relationship building skills and stakeholder management skills will also be paramount to your success in this role.
You will have tenacity, agility and a proven ability to sustain high levels of performance in a fast-paced, output focused environment and be a natural collaborator who can initiate and lead conversations with business leaders regarding anticipated and emerging opportunities.
If you have a collaborative approach, are curious with the ability to learn and adapt quickly whilst adhering to change, then apply today.
"Please note that we are not accepting candidates from recruitment agencies for this role."
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.