A great opportunity has arisen for an Executive/Manager with a passion for financial markets to join the Group Treasury Markets team in London. Group Treasury Markets sits in the Financial Management Group and is responsible for Macquarie’s Liquidity Management activities, Interest Rate Risk and the Liquid Asset Portfolio.
In this role you will be responsible for a range of decision support activities, including monitoring and reporting the Group’s funding and liquidity position, determining actions to ensure ongoing compliance with associated internal and regulatory requirements, along with input into a range of Markets-related policies and projects.
In addition, you will liaise closely with Macquarie’s Businesses and the global Group Treasury team and have a direct role in determining Macquarie’s liquidity requirements across currencies and entities, managing Macquarie’s short term capacity, and developing analytics to support investment decisions as part of its liquidity management activities.
Your main duties will include but not be limited to:
- input into the production, review and analysis of Macquarie’s global and entity specific regular and ad-hoc funding and liquidity reporting
- co-ordinating with GT colleagues to enhance existing and develop new liquidity and funding reporting to meet changing demands
- monitor Macquarie’s Group-wide and entity specific funding and liquidity position, ensuring Macquarie and its regulated entities comply with all applicable Australian and international regulatory requirements
- recommend actions to senior management in order to efficiently manage the Group and entity liquidity position within required parameters daily
- close engagement liaison with key Macquarie business units to understand upcoming funding requirements and to communicate and advise on available capacity and pricing
- produce regular reporting and analysis for senior management on GT Markets positions, including liquid asset portfolio, debt maturities, regulatory and internal ratios and metrics
- assisting GT colleagues with investment decisions and with daily liquidity management responsibilities - including issuance, pricing and hedging activities
- key involvement in ad-hoc regulatory and business driven project development within Group Treasury.
To be successful in this role you will ideally have experience in a Bank Treasury department with exposure to Basel III frameworks and regulation as well as meaningful exposure to financial markets and/or products (particularly derivatives) within a Bank Treasury or Financial Markets environment. In addition, you will have strong mathematical skills and the role would appeal strongly to a highly driven, commercially oriented, outgoing individual who is interested in financial markets.
You will also possess the following:
- tertiary degree (Business, Commerce or Finance related)
- high level of attention to detail and strong numeracy skills
- strong experience with MS Excel
- self-starter able to work independently in a challenging and fast paced environment
- able to adapt to different environments, be able to prioritise conflicting demands and make decisions.
If this sounds like your next role, then please apply now.
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.