Forget what you know about big banks and how they do digital. We are a little different. We work like a small start-up in a large organisation which is really great, because unlike some start-ups we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
You’ll join a diverse team with backgrounds from across the world, and we all have one thing in common – we love all things tech and changing customer experiences. We are doing great things which will revolutionise how our customers interact with us and our products.
With us you will be able to be a true digital trendsetter; we want your opinion to help us go from strength to strength. You will be a part of a team that loves the work they do and enjoys working with each other. In our digital team we love Agile and you will be a part of a collaborative team who work fast and are empowered to make decisions which result in the best product for our customers ... period.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- translating UI/UX designs wireframes to actual code that produce visual elements of the applications
- ensuring the technical feasibility of UI/UX design
- working with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation
- building reusable code and libraries for future use
- optimising applications for maximum speed and scalability
- assure that the user-facing features comply with the standards set for design, coding, security and legal
- creating unit tests that support your code
- collaborating with other team members and stakeholders
- working with the team to support the product as a DevOps team
- being across changes in the fast-moving world of Frontend Engineering
- interacting with team in technical discussions, design & code reviews
- identifying and address performance and scalability bottlenecks
- participating in defining & evolving best practices for front end engineering.
Your time will typically be split across core development, enhancement of the product and supporting the product, working with the team on the technical design, coordinating with both internal and external clients, and working across the full development lifecycle to include design, testing and peer code reviews.
Key experience required:
- proficient understanding of NodeJS, NPM and packaging tool like WebPack/ Grunt/ Gulp
- proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- good understanding of writing unit tests in jasmine
- basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
- experience with GIT source control, along with CI tools like Bamboo and proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- web application hosting in Cloud
- Google Analytics
- automated software testing tools is an added advantage
- experience in the DevOps space as we have started the DevOps journey.
To join this dynamic and highly innovative team, apply now or contact Nathan.email@example.com for more information.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at http://www.macquarie.com/careers
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need