We have a great opportunity for an Assistant President to join the EMEA Legal Entity Control team in our Jacksonville, FL office. You will join a talented team that has broad responsibilities including financial reporting and compliance. Assistant Vice Presidents in the Legal Entity Control team play a key role in the overall management of legal entity’s life cycle. The role requires a solid understanding of the businesses operating within the Legal Entity.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- ensure a strong business understanding and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
- extensive IFRS based financial reporting; preparing and reviewing financial statements and supporting them with well-developed analytical reviews – both at Group and/or at subsidiary levels
- regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control – monthly financial review of entity balances, attestation of all LE owned balances, impairment reviews, preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings
- monitor the preparation and review balance sheet commentaries (quarterly), legal entity recaps and funding for transaction investments, cash settlements of inter company balances as well as managing FX exposure and reviewing journals for hedging
- review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior leaders in the finance and tax team
- assisting Group Tax in their preparation of tax returns / information supporting the tax returns
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities
- identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
- taking responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverable's
You will hold a postgraduate / professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA as well as the following:
- 7 plus years of relevant post qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical, specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Consolidation, Group Reporting, Financial Statement Preparation and IFRS exposure is a key preference
- a willingness to work in different time zones to support requirements across geographies.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today!
About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognize that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.