Start your career in Finance and join the Business Finance team supporting several key businesses across Specialised Asset Finance.
The Business Finance team are seeking an Assistant Accountant to join the team. The team are responsible for the analysis of financial information and the preparation and management reports, forecasting and budgeting, balance sheet reconciliations and financial operations support to multiple Specialised Asset Finance businesses.
As the Assistant Accountant your responsibilities will include:
- Reconciliation of cash accounts and balance sheet accounts daily for multiple regions and currencies
- Dealing with a large volume of data and complex transactions and understanding implications to the reconciliation process and balance sheet positions
- Liaising with Operations and Systems teams to resolve outstanding reconciliation items
- Investigations into reconciliation discrepancies to determine root causes and to recommend solutions to upstream operations processes
- Preparation of month end reconciliations to meet financial control requirements
- Assisting the Finance Operations team in a Telco subsidiary business for month end close process and reporting
Key to your success, you will be degree qualified in Accounting, Finance or Business with previous experience in Financial Services or Telco industry. You will be highly numerical with an exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail. You will thrive on solving complex problems and will have a strategic approach to your thinking. You will exhibit strong time management, organisation and prioritisation skills coupled with a proven ability to multitask and shift focus your focus across tasks as directed. In addition, you will have strong verbal and written communication skills and can deal with internal stakeholders and enjoy working in a team environment. Study towards CPA/CA or equivalent qualifications is beneficial a well as previous Oracle and MYOB experience.
If you are looking for a new opportunity to develop both technical skills and business understanding, then please submit your resume and cover letter as one Word or PDF-formatted document. To include your letter, simply insert an additional page into the front or back of your resume. This is so that we receive the relevant documents for this position. Please note that applications submitted without the required documentation, will not be considered.
About Commodities and Global Markets
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.