Java Software Engineer
Job no: BFS-952294
Work type: Full time
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Jeddy Datu
Forget what you know about Big Banks and how they do digital. We're a little different, we work like a small start-up in a large organization which is really great, because unlike some start-ups we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
We are a diverse team with backgrounds from across the world, but we all have this in common – we love all things tech and changing customer experiences. We are doing great things which will revolutionize how our customers interact with us and our products.
With us you will be able to be a true digital trendsetter; we want your opinion to help us go from strength to strength. You'll be a part of a team that loves the work they do and enjoys working with each other. In our digital team we love Agile and you will be a part of a collaborative team who work fast and are empowered to make decisions which result in the best product for our customers ... period.
We need a strong engineer with proven background in modern web development who will design architectural solutions, build and maintain high quality software that is optimized and complies with stringent security policies, and help automate its testing.
- Has excellent verbal and communication skills to be able to effectively work within in a team and across different teams and businesses.
- Works autonomously with strong problem-solving skills. Learns rapidly and is eager to work with new and unfamiliar technologies.
- Essential skills and experience:
- Java (8+) and extensive Spring / Spring Boot experience
- Full Stack Development and Testing experience (frontend, backend, integration and end to end) especially with REST services, with understanding of scalable applications and reactive technology
- Experience using continuous deployment and delivery (CI/CD), such as Atlassian tools (ex. BitBucket/Stash, Jira, Bamboo, etc.) and their application to Agile environments
- Desirable skills and experience:
- High performance code and performance tuning. Experience in Parallel programming such as CompletableFutures, Java 9 Reactive Streams or reactive programming
- Knowledge/experience with Apache Camel
- Experience with developing and maintaining enterprise applications: micro services, integration with Mobile and Web application hosting in Cloud
- Knowledge of JMS / messaging, queues and topics
- Experience working in an agile environment, ex: Scaled Agile (SAFE) and/or Agile SDLC. Enjoys high pace team environment with strong, self-driven, SDLC disciplines
- Experience working with Solution Architecture to arrive at the best outcome. Able to contribute to the design and implementation of frameworks and their enhancements
- Frontend/UI Development and Testing experience using Angular JS, CSS and vanilla JS
- Work with the UI/UX designer to translate graphical designs and wireframes to actual code that produce visual elements of the applications
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Categories: Mid-senior, Mid-level, Technology
Print application form