Forget what you know about Big Banks and how they do digital. We're a little different, we work like a small start-up in a large organisation and we're fully funded to innovate and push digital boundaries.
We are building the Digital Bank of the future and we are doing it with our customers by our side. We understand that banking in the future will be predominantly digital and are building our digital platforms from the ground up to match. We use technology as a catalyst to bring people together and help them realise their life milestones through our products and solutions which are designed by humans for humans. We are putting our customers first and changing how the world interacts with banks.
As an engineer in our team you will collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team. You will be expected to bring your perspective, knowledge and ideas to our team and help us be even more successful in our day-to-day tasks. You will help the team plan and design responsive systems, continuously optimize and iterate on your ideas, and always strive for an even better solution. You will have opportunity to perform experiments and test new ideas and share knowledge with the best engineers in the bank. Best of all, you will be working in an environment that supports your individual growth.
To excel in this role, you will have the following qualifications:
- You have practical experience in Core and Enterprise Java, and microservices development (Spring Boot).
- You are skilled in RDBMS, SQL and JPA.
- You have solid understanding of all software layers: UI, service, data store and communication.
- You are comfortable working in an agile environment, and are comfortable challenging yourself and your team to improve their ways of working
- You have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can communicate your ideas to different types of audiences
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- It is a bonus if you have UNIX scripting skills, AWS/GCP knowledge, and/or have previous financial systems experience.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.