Global Lead Business Operational Risk Manager, Cash Equities
Job no: CGM-952282
Work type: Full time
Group: Commodities and Global Markets
Location: Hong Kong, Sydney
Recruiter: Andrew Crosby
Be an integral partner of the Cash Equities team in a fast-paced environment, ensuring operational risk is effectively identified and managed in relation to new transactions and existing business lines.
Your understanding of operational risk management will help you develop successful risk frameworks, drive a strong risk management culture and provide expert advice to senior leaders and teams across the region. You will contribute to risk discussions with senior regional Cash Equities management and our Risk Management Group.
You will work in one of our key office locations in Asia or the Sydney office and may be required to undertake regular and frequent travel around the region.
As a Director of the team, you will be involved in managing a global team for these activities:
- execution and monitoring of risk management practices
- investigation of operational issues and control breakdowns
- assessing new product and business opportunities for operational risks, providing guidance on the approval of these activities, and ensuring post completion conditions to approval are implemented effectively
- providing risk guidance on various business projects and ensuring appropriate frameworks are in place to manage project and business risks
- implementing operational risk frameworks and a strong risk management culture providing expert operational risk advice
- proactively identifying operational risks and assessing the adequacy of controls to manage such risks, including recommending enhanced or additional controls
- design and complete control assurance testing on critical controls and present result to senior management.
Using your strong communication skills, you will partner with senior management, engage with stakeholders in Risk Management Group and support areas such as operations, finance, settlements and technology.
You will have at least 10 years previous experience in an operational risk management environment or related role such as internal audit and demonstrate the ability to contribute towards conversations with business leaders and risk management colleagues at all levels regarding anticipated and emerging issues. With your excellent interpersonal skills, you will independently analyse complex processes or issues and present clear and concise reports.
If this sounds like the right career move for you, please apply online today.
Commodities and Global Markets provides clients with an integrated, end-to-end offering across global markets including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange and commodities.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/about
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: China Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Categories: Senior, Mid-senior, Capital Markets, Commodities, Risk Management
Print application form