Come join our team in Philadelphia as a Manager in Broker Administration where you will have the opportunity to manage the overall operations, performance and development of the Broker Administration Team which forms part of the U.S. Fund Intermediary Services Department. You will support our relationships with intermediaries, including managing processes to support agreements, compensation and services and support and develop processes for transfer agent and intermediary oversight.
You will interact with the Funds Transfer Agent and intermediaries such as broker/dealers, bank/trust companies, insurance companies and third party record keepers that distribute our funds and service our shareholders. You will also interact with internal departments such as Sales, Product Management, Legal, Compliance, Accounting and Operations.
In this role you will be responsible for managing compensation and billing relationships with intermediaries including:
- Processes and systems to support accurate and timely billings functions, verifying that every payment is consistent with the terms of their contract
- Performing reconciliations
- Managing expense accrual processes
- Interacting with internal departments as well as external vendors and clients
- Perform oversight functions on transfer agent processing as it relates to intermediaries, focusing on dealer/branch/rep setup, maintenance and conversions.
- Oversee functions related to payment and servicing of dealer commissions
- Develop processes to analyze and report on compensation arrangements with intermediaries to be used for profitability analysis, board and management reporting
- Provide service and support to dealers and internal departments for commission related inquiries.
In addition, you will maintain and enhance a database to organize information and support reporting functionality, develop processes using third party data to support and reconcile invoices, manage various dealer risk management procedures and manage and enhance quality control procedures for all functions supported by the area. Lastly, you will provide necessary reporting data for all Macquarie Investment Management users, utilizing various reporting tools and databases and assist in processing and reviewing new contracts and working with Legal/Compliance/and the Distributor when necessary.
To be successful in this role you will have the ability to effectively coach and develop staff, possess strong problem resolution skills and attention to detail, have excellent interpersonal, organization and time management skills. Having strong analytical and technical skills, the ability to work independently and meet deadlines, be proficient with Microsoft Office applications and experience with reporting tool and/or database maintenance will be critical to thriving in this role.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 5+ years of industry related experience in financial services
- Prior experience managing people and/or processes that rely on other departments, vendors or clients for successful completion
If this sounds like your next opportunity, please apply today! To learn more about careers at Macquarie please visit www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie Investment Management is a global asset manager with offices throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and Australia. As active managers, we prioritize autonomy and accountability at the team level in pursuit of opportunities that matter for clients. Our conviction-based, long-term approach has led institutional and individual clients to entrust us to manage $US243.7 billion in assets of June 30, 2019. In the US, retail investors recognize our Delaware Funds by Macquarie as one of the longest- standing mutual fund families, with more than 75 years in existence. Macquarie Investment Management is a division of Macquarie Asset Management, a global asset manager with $US379.3 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2019.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.