Cyber Security Engineer
Job no: COG-949929
Work type: Agency Worker
Group: Corporate Operations Group
Recruiter: Chloe Lee
In this role, you will be responsible for security infrastructure and application systems within a global operating environment. You will design, build and operate application security solutions across technologies including Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Threat management to meet business, service and lifecycle requirements.
On a day to day basis you will:
- identify and implement automated solutions to remove existing manual tasks
- lead security initiatives to protect data leakage channels on the endpoint and SAAS solutions
- identify and perform proactive platform systems management
- own and resolve production issues escalated from L2 support, mentoring others and creating knowledgebase articles where possible
- ongoing upgrade and maintenance of associated application platforms
- collaborate with internal teams to review operational readiness of new projects, and contribute to solution designs and develop standards where appropriate
- work with product vendors to troubleshoot complex issues and identify new capabilities to meet changing business requirements
- build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders across multiple Macquarie businesses to perform analysis activities for the design, definition and implementation of information protection measures across Macquarie
- facilitate training of key service offerings to the business.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- strong experience working with endpoint security products from McAfee, Symantec or ForcePoint, as well as Windows, Microsoft Active Directory, UNIX, Linux, networking and firewalls
- 5 years’ experience in a senior infrastructure or security infrastructure/application position
- experience supporting enterprise environments
- CSIM or CISSP qualification would be desirable
- practical experience with developing programming or scripting language desirable
- ability to work co-operatively with global technology teams
- a customer-focused approach with a "service first" mentality and best-in-class communication skills
- a self-starter mentality and assume responsibility for a range of activities and tasks and willing to learn
- the ability to view current processes and procedures as opportunities for enhancement, tuning and improvement.
To apply, submit your application online, or visit www.macquarie.com/careers to learn more.
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Market Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. The Corporate Operations Group’s purpose is to power the entrepreneurial enterprise.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Categories: Mid-senior, Mid-level, Technology
Print application form