Senior Manager Financial Crime Risk
Job no: RMG-949189
Work type: Full time
Group: Risk Management Group
Division: Financial Crime Risk
Recruiter: Daniel Chase
The Financial Crime Risk team, reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, provide day to day Line 2 support to Macquarie businesses, driving a high and consistent level of compliance and broader financial crime risk management.
We are currently looking to recruit a highly-experienced financial crime professional to be based in Sydney focused on the institutional businesses within Macquarie in Australia and New Zealand. The Financial Crime Risk team is responsible for anti-money laundering, counter terrorist financing, anti-bribery & corruption and sanctions risk management for bank and non-bank activities. Key responsibilities will include:
- provide advice and direction to the institutional businesses regarding financial crime risk management, fostering an outcomes-focussed, customer responsive and risk aware compliance culture;
- create increased visibility of ML/TF, B&C and Sanctions risks, driving solutions to better understand and address exposures;
- oversee and conduct enhanced due diligence on counterparties, transactions and prospects to ensure financial crime risks are identified and managed appropriately; and
- work with Macquarie's compliance, operations and business teams to streamline and consolidate AML/CTF, AB&C and sanctions activities, including policy and guidance review and management.
To be successful, you will have substantial AML/CTF, AB&C and/or sanctions control experience from within a large banking organisation with exposure across multiple products. You will also have:
- thorough knowledge of business areas of capital markets, asset management and/or asset finance;
- very strong understanding of Enhanced Due Diligence, AB&C and/or Sanctions compliance obligations;
- exceptional stakeholder management capabilities with demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders through effective communication and persuasive presentations; and
- outstanding leadership skills used to drive team outcomes and maintain high employee engagement.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form