There is currently an opportunity for a Manager to join the Group Treasury Team based in Dublin. You will be looking for the opportunity to build on your existing knowledge and experience in what is a challenging and dynamic role.
In this role, you will support the CFO of in Dublin on all funding, capital and liquidity related matters in MBE. In particular, you will support the CFO in relation to the management of the financial resources of MBE, allocation and maintenance of capital, funding and liquidity within MBE, and Treasury activities within MBE, including setting the funding and capital strategy for the entity
The position involves close collaboration across Macquarie’s businesses and will involve working with colleagues globally.
Your responsibilities will also include:
- monitoring daily capital adequacy, funding and liquidity position of MBE
- recommending capital and funding ratio target levels
- reviewing entity-specific regulatory reporting and Pillar 3 disclosures on funding and capital matters: including capital, liquidity, large exposures, asset encumbrance and leverage
- reviewing and approving new business activities or transactions in MBE, considering the impacts on funding, liquidity, capital ratios and any associated reporting
- preparing and reviewing liquidity management documentation for MBE, including the ILAAP, liquidity policy, liquidity stress testing assumptions and methodology
- providing recommendations regarding the amount, type, currency and hedging of High-Quality Liquid Assets (HQLA) needed to manage MBEs internal and regulatory position
- defining and reviewing liquidity stress scenarios for MBE and monitor compliance with associated requirements
- preparing management reporting to the CFO, MBE ALCO and Board on liquidity and capital position of MBE
- ALCO secretary duties, including arranging meetings and co-ordinating materials for the MBE ALCO
- keeping abreast of regulatory developments impacting MBE and assist with liaising with local regulators on funding and liquidity matters
- managing internal operations relating to Treasury-specific internal funding and cash/HQLA management
- developing relationships with the business to advise on the balance sheet impact of new products and strategies within MBE, provide support on funding and liquidity matters and facilitating dialogue with offshore colleagues in Group Treasury.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes. You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 4 - 5 years+ experience within banking and finance in a global financial institution
- demonstrable experience of liquidity risk or balance sheet management.
- an understanding of liquidity, funding and other treasury issues as well as financial markets and the instruments traded on these
- an understanding of European funding and liquidity regulations
- advanced software skills (MS Office) and other management reporting applications
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- is comfortable interacting with business staff and resolving competing priorities
- creative and innovative thinker
- attention to detail
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, then please apply now.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.