Senior Asset Manager
Job no: MacCap-948702
Work type: Full time
Location: New York
Group: Macquarie Capital
Division: Advisory & Capital Solutions
Recruiter: Jean-Philippe Graff
Macquarie Capital is seeking to hire a Senior Asset Manager to join its Real Estate Principal Investing team in its New York office. In this role you will oversee a portfolio of real estate assets across the U.S. and will be responsible for executing on their respective business plans. This role will report to and work closely with the Senior Managing Directors of the Macquarie Capital Real Estate Principal Investing team.
Macquarie Capital’s Real Estate Principal Investing team seeks opportunities in North American real estate assets across the capital structure. Positions consist of equity, preferred equity, mezzanine, and senior investments on behalf of Macquarie’s balance sheet. As such, you will have a multi-faceted asset management background with expertise and interest in working on complex assets/transactions across property types and the capital structure.
In addition to leading the asset management function, you will also support the Acquisitions team in the underwriting/due diligence analysis of new investments. Real Estate Principal Investing is a lean team with growth runway, providing you with the opportunity to work in a flat environment that encourages team members to expand their skillsets.
More specifically you will:
- proactively oversee Principal Investing’s real estate assets (equity, preferred equity, and debt positions) and value-add activities including redevelopment, leasing, and asset upgrades/improvements
- develop views and manage capital markets execution, analyzing refinance and disposition options and processes
- maximize performance by spearheading efforts in leasing, property operations, cash management, capex/fund management, residential unit sales strategies, and tenant coordination to ensure optimal value is achieved for each asset
- provide overall direction to and monitoring of operating partners with a “hands-on” asset management approach throughout the entire asset lifecycle
- maintain asset-level financial models, providing regular reporting information as well as developing ad hoc analyses as required to evaluate potential improvements, refinancings, and leases, etc.
- review asset financial statements, track asset performance, and work with Macquarie’s internal accounting group to coordinate accounting efforts and decisions
- review and comply with leases, contracts, loan documents, and JV agreements
- assist in developing strategies to achieve and exceed financial goals
- foster relationships with management teams and internal and external stakeholders
- inspire, develop, and motivate people to meet short- and long-term business objectives
- travel to portfolio assets to assess / optimize operations and interface with operating partners
To be successful you will have:
- 10+ years of experience in real estate asset management, acquisitions, and/or development t, ideally having seen the full lifecycle of assets (i.e., acquisitions to financings to dispositions) and having had experience with investments across the capital structure
- broad asset management expertise, with an ability to oversee multiple property types (the group has invested in the for-sale residential, hotel, industrial, multifamily residential, office, and retail asset classes)
- multifamily residential experience preferred given current portfolio’s exposure to the property type
- the ability to adapt to shifting market dynamics and to develop innovative solutions
- exceptional analytical skills and financial acumen to direct and understand asset-level analysis
- a collaborative nature and willingness to build and sustain productive working relationships with colleagues across a small, close-knit team
- an entrepreneurial spirit with strong work ethic and high degree of self-motivation
- a conscientious attention to detail
- proven ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- strong morale, team spirit, and goal orientation
- a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today via the link.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising, and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Macquarie takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend
Print application form