As a Product Management Associate, you will play an integral role within the Macquarie Public Investments Product team and the Client Solutions Group. You will be responsible for providing regular insights on market trends, themes, and competitors to inform product management, product positioning and product development activities. For success in the role, you will be an excellent communicator and a solutions-oriented “go-getter”, who enjoys turning data into stories and thrives in fast-paced environments
Your core responsibilities will include:
- Create and analyze product and industry reports utilized by Senior Leadership
- Develop and maintain product line scorecards / reporting metrics
- Incorporate automation and build efficiency and scalability into reporting processes
- Ad hoc support for strategic initiatives
Market Research and Analysis
- Create and manage proprietary dashboards to capture product and industry trends in real-time
- Analyze peer groups to define competitive market requirements - flows, performance, fees, etc - and uncover opportunities for growth
- Partner with Strategic Relationship Group to marry home office outlook with Macquarie product line opportunities
- Summarize and share trends and insights with distribution organization
Product team support
- Provide statistics/information to help analyze the product lineup for internal and external positioning
- Manage relationships with vendors and serve as internal expert on databases including Morningstar Direct, Simfund, Lipper, Broadridge, eVestment, etc.
- Collaborate on ad hoc cross-functional projects/initiatives
Your background will include:
- 3+ years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management or Research experience preferred
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Morningstar, Simfund, Lipper, eVestment
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint; Power BI; VBA and DAX knowledge a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience require
- Strong investment industry knowledge
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve team objectives
- Strong written, analytical and presentation skills. Attention to detail a must
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on a timely basis
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.