The Wealth Solutions team within Macquarie Asset Management Strategic Solutions Group is responsible for structuring and delivering a suite of alternative investment products to the high-net-worth individual investor market.
The team is looking for a primary private equity fund of fund Associate with 2-4 years of dedicated private equity primary experience to help manage a $1+ billion program of private equity portfolios.
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep familiarity with the due diligence process of private equity investments. You will participate in all areas of the diligence process, including the initial sourcing, conducting interviews with private equity general partners and ongoing monitoring.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Screening various private markets including, private equity, growth equity, special situations and private credit
- Compiling information and conduct research
- Conducting detailed due diligence (strategy, team, performance) reviews and investment memorandum
- Portfolio construction and analysis
- Presenting to global team and investment committee
- Monitoring portfolio through ongoing dialogue with managers & attendance of investor meetings
You will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related area of study
- Prior primary private equity fund of funds experience required (2-4 years)
- Deep understanding of corporate finance principles and how to analyze investment opportunities
- Drive for results, teachable, always delivers high quality work
- Strong excel modeling, writing and memo-drafting skills
- An organized and motivated demeanor, with a strong analytical mindset
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Salary range for this position: $60,000 - $125,000/Yr. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Macquarie offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.