Join the Macquarie Asset Management Real Estate Core / Core Plus team as a Director/Head of East Coast Asset Management in our New York City office. As a Senior Asset Manager, you will have direct responsibility for the day-to-day asset management of a portfolio of office assets and you represent MAM- RE Core/Core plus in East states of the US and have overall operational responsibility for a diverse portfolio of East Coast assets valued at $2.5 billion. The institutional portfolio includes office, retail, and logistics assets in various East Coast markets.
In this role you will directly oversee a portfolio of office assets and oversee a regional team of asset management professionals to develop and implement business plans for the assets in the portfolio with a primary focus on driving long term value. Other responsibilities will include:
- The management of external service providers (e.g., property managers, leasing agents, legal teams, technical consultants, project managers, etc.)
- Be responsible for the planning, monitoring, and reporting process of the Portfolio
- Cooperate & support the investment team from an asset management and property operations perspective
- Establishing a net zero carbon and an ESG strategy for the assets and the execution of the respective action plan in a given timeframe
- Hold regional responsibility for Macquarie’s Environmental, Social and Governance approach, work health & safety and internal audits
- The implementing introduction and maintenance of the highest WHS standards
- Represent asset management externally and with external stakeholders, including investors
- The set-up and the execution of CAPEX plans
- Coordinate asset management related IT projects, internally & externally
- Work closely with colleagues in other internal departments
Your expertise in real estate sectors and demonstrable track record of overseeing a diversified portfolio of commercial real estate assets, in addition to your experience in transactional processes, managing people and workstreams will be vital in this role.
You are a team player, ambitious, analytical, have strong communication skills and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
In addition to your day-to-day asset management responsibilities, you will work together with our in-house transaction teams in the analysis and underwriting of potential investment opportunities and facilitating dispositions.
You will provide asset and market tours to stake holders such as investors, portfolio managers, lenders and appraisers and represent the group in client facing events such as shareholder meetings. It is also expected for you to provide general support in wider Asset Management related reporting projects and initiatives, and collaboration with other internal departments whenever required.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong leadership skills to manage a growing team of highly ambitious professionals
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a minimum of 10 years of real estate experience
- An academic background in Finance, business administration, law and/or Real Estate (e.g., Engineering, Architecture)
You will be experienced in the real estate asset management software such as e.g. Yardi, SAP, ARGUS training is advantageous. For this opportunity we would like to have an enthusiastic professional, results oriented, resilient, with high commercial skills, problem solving and creative.
If you are looking for a new and exciting challenge, apply today! You can find out more about Macquarie at www.macquarie.com/careers
About Macquarie Asset Management
In Macquarie Asset Management you will join a global asset manager that aims to deliver positive impact for everyone. Trusted by institutions, pension funds, governments, and individuals to manage more than A$773/€523/£440/$US578 billion in assets globally, we provide access to specialist investment expertise across a range of capabilities including fixed income, equities, multi-asset solutions, private credit, infrastructure, green investments, natural assets, real estate, and asset finance.
All figures as at 31 March 2022.
Salary range for this position: $150,000 - $250,000/Yr. Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, peer and market data, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. The successful candidate may also be eligible for an annual discretionary incentive compensation award. Macquarie offers a full spectrum of benefits, including Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Dependent Day Care Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability and Other Insurance Plans, Paid Time Off (including Sick Leave, Parental Leave and Vacation), Holidays, 401(k), and Short/Long Term Disability, in addition to other special perks reserved for our employees.
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, gender identity or any other impermissible criterion or circumstance. Macquarie also takes affirmative action in support of its policy to hire and advance in employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
We equip our people with the support to work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.